Serving all parishes of Louisiana since 1975
P.O. Box 80162 Baton Rouge, LA 70898 Toll Free Phone: 800-955-3760 https://www.facebook.com/AutismSocietyLouisiana
Click here for a copy of our brochure
Click here for a copy of our Resource Guide
Mission: To provide advocacy, information and support to individuals with Autism and their families; and, to promote lifelong opportunities in order that they may be fully included in their communities.
Vision: Individuals affected by Autism will enjoy better quality of life with the support offered by Autism Society-Louisiana.
Target Population: All individuals affected by Autism of all ages and in all cities and parishes
Autism Society Louisiana was established over 40 years ago as an affiliate of Autism Society of America by families and community supporters in response to the need for quality life options for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) living throughout Louisiana.
Over the decades we’ve maintained being the "GO TO" organization in Louisiana for the needs of those affected by ASD.
Our organization proudly supports those with ASD while advocating for and promoting appropriate services statewide.
The following are examples of our advocacy and work:
▪ Promoting current best practices in education and adult services specific to Autism
• Training options for families dealing with the unique concerns of their children with autism
▪ Safe housing
• Work options
▪ Inclusive community and recreational opportunities
• Training and education for professionals and personnel caring for children and adults with autism
▪ Educating our legislators regarding the effect of items on their agenda and the impact on the autism community of our state.
• Providing testimonials as needed to aid in improving the lives of all affected by autism in our state.
▪ Offering biennial state conferences, workshops and seminars with up to date information for families and professionals
▪ Integration and acceptance of children and adults with autism within their individual communities through our training opportunities, presentations and participation in IEPs and CPOCs of individuals as needed.
• Encourage interdependence between disabled and non-disabled community members
▪ Encourage integrated community involvement between adults with autism and the business, social,
spiritual, recreational and higher education communities surrounding those individuals
▪Collaboration with universities statewide to encourage ongoing and improved education for students going into the field of education and social services working with children and adults with autism.
•Collaboration with Louisiana Health and Hospitals, Louisiana Developmental Disabilities Council, Louisiana Department of Education and other state entities working to improve the life options for those affected with ASD
▪ Offering continued support to families of children and adults with ASD through our resource guide, newsletters, Facebook, free support phone line for emergency support and assistance.
• Advocating for each person with ASD to contribute to their community and enjoy life to the best of their ability within their own locations no matter what their level of functioning.
For more details of our work, please contact us at the above phone or email and visit our website and Facebook.