PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE IN CONTACT INFORMATION FOR AUTISM SOCIETY LOUISIANA AS OF DECEMBER 20, 2016:
DIRECT NATIONAL PHONE LINE: 800-328-8476
AUTISM SOCIETY REGIONAL CHAPTERS:
CHECK OUT OUR NEW T-SHIRTS!
$20 - $25 depending on size
Front of T-shirt: Louisiana map with all parishes of Louisiana represented.
Back of T-shirt: "NO MORE CUTS TO COMMUNITY SERVICES"
Our yellow shirts are perfect for "Yellow Shirt Day" at the capital and in your hometown during the upcoming 2017 legislative session. Show your support by advocating for "NO MORE CUTS TO COMMUNITY SERVICES" with our beautiful new t-shirt. We've designed it to help us continue the statewide advocacy to maintain and develop services for our children and adults in their own communities. Show your legislators who you are! Let them know how much you rely on funding for community services through the waivers. Join us by wearing your new t-shirt and let's work together educating our legislators and community to continue the move forward for needed services.
Mission: To provide advocacy, information and support to individuals with Autism and their families; and, to promote lifelong opportunities in order that they may be fully included in their communities.
Vision: Individuals affected by Autism will enjoy better quality of life with the support offered by Autism Society-Louisiana.
Target Population: All individuals affected by Autism of all ages and in all cities and parishes
Autism Society Louisiana was established over 40 years ago as an affiliate of Autism Society of America by families and community supporters in response to the need for quality life options for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) living throughout Louisiana.
Over the decades we’ve maintained being the "GO TO" organization in Louisiana for the needs of those affected by ASD.
Our organization proudly supports those with ASD while advocating for and promoting appropriate services statewide.
Autism Society Louisiana promotes and advocates for:
▪ Current best practices in education and adult services specific to Autism
• Training options for families dealing with the unique concerns of their children with autism
▪ Safe housing
• Work options
▪ Inclusive community and recreational opportunities
• Training and education for professionals and personnel caring for children and adults with autism
▪ Educating our legislators regarding the effect of items on their agenda and the impact on the autism community of our state.
• Providing testimonials as needed to aid in improving the lives of all affected by autism in our state.
▪ Offering biennial state conferences, workshops and seminars with up to date information for families and professionals
▪ Integration and acceptance of children and adults with autism within their individual communities through our training opportunities, presentations and participation in IEPs and CPOCs of individuals as needed.
• Encourage interdependence between disabled and non-disabled community members
▪ Encourage integrated community involvement between adults with autism and the business, social,
spiritual, recreational and higher education communities surrounding those individuals
▪Collaboration with universities statewide to encourage ongoing and improved education for students going into the field of education and social services working with children and adults with autism.
•Collaboration with Louisiana Health and Hospitals, Louisiana Developmental Disabilities Council, Louisiana Department of Education and other state entities working to improve the life options for those affected with ASD
▪ Offering continued support to families of children and adults with ASD through our resource guide, newsletters, Facebook, free support phone line for emergency support and assistance.
• Advocating for each person with ASD to contribute to their community and enjoy life to the best of their ability within their own locations no matter what their level of functioning.
For more details of our work, please contact us at the above phone or email and visit our website and Facebook.
"Thank You" to the following companies for your generous donations
to Autism Society Louisiana: